Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I clipped this recipe from the local paper years ago. It is a great appetizer. I will usually roll half of the batch in the coconut flakes & leave the other half plain. Time does not include chilling time.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of cut up cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup chopped blanced almonds
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped chutney
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- coconut flakes (optional)
- Mix together all ingredients except coconut flakes.
- Blend well.
- Chill several hours, then roll into 1 inch ballsusing level teaspoon to measure.
- Optional: roll in coconut flakes.
Very tasty even with some junky 'cheese food'-type of spread instead of cream cheese. I used 2+ Tbsp. of mango chutney & doubled the recipe overall. Also added a few jalapenos & chili flakes because we like it hotter than it was coming with just the curry powder. Did not roll in coconut as I don't care for it. Will definitely make these again; my husband really liked them.