Recipe by Chocolatl
Adapted from The New York Times Cookbook. Serve with noodles. This can be made in advance and reheated.
- 1⁄3 cup butter, divided
- 8 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless, quartered
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup canned tomato, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup ground cashews
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt half the butter in a heavy skillet or Dutch oven.
- Brown chicken in batches, adding remaining butter as necessary.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add onions and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Stir in salt, ginger, chili powder, tomatoes and broth.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes.
- Stir in cashews and coconut.
- Cover and cook over low heat until chicken is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Slowly stir cornstarch and cream together.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into pan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.