Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This has a distinctive flavor, not to everyone's taste, but I really like it. I sometimes use it for a light breakfast, too. Cooking time is actually chilling time.
- 1 cup cream-style low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 lemon, rind of, grated
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄3 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds, finely chopped
- Combine the cheeses and brown sugar and beat until well blended.
- Beat in the lemon rind and juice and cardamom.
- Stir in the ¼ cup almonds and mix well.
- Put in serving dish or individual dishes and sprinkle with the remaining nuts.
- Chill 1 hour or longer.