Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe comes from "1000 Classic Recipes for Every Cook". I found it while searching for recipes for ZWT.
- Place chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound them with rolling pin or meat mallet to flatten.
- Mix together the curry paste, oil, sugar, ginger and cumin in a small bowl. Spread the mixture over both sides of the chicken and set aside.
- Make the Raita:.
- Peerl the cucumber and scoop out any seeds with a spoon. Grate the cucumber flesh, sprinkle with salt, place in a strainer and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off the salt and squeeze out any excess moisture by pressing the cucumber with the back of a spoon.
- Mix the cucumber with the yogurt and stir in the chili powder.
- Back to the chicken:.
- Transfer the chicken to an oiled rack and grill for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Serve chicken with the Raita and some naan bread.
Made for dinner tonight and it is Excellent - Very Flavorful. My Family enjoyed, My hubsand says this is a keeper. The flavor of the chicken along with cucumber Raita went so well together. Also made this for the Diabetic Challenge: A Day in the Life. I Used Olive Oil and Splenda Brown Sugar. Served with Curry Rice #409412 By: Deantini. For ZWT6 The No-Nonsense Nibblers