Recipe by Member #610488
This recipe is from The Juicing Bible. A warming drink to take at bedtime. The Chai Blend makes 1/3 cup.
Indian Chai Blend
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon cardamom seed
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon fenugreek seeds
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 star anise pods (with seeds)
- 1 piece cinnamon stick, crushed broken into very small pieces (2 inch)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered stevia (optional)
- 2 teaspoons pre-made chai tea mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup skim milk or 1 cup soymilk or 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon green tea leaves (1 tea bag will work also)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine all of the spices except stevia and toast for 40 seconds or until seeds begin to sizzle and pop. Set aside to cool.
- Using a coffee grinder or food processor, grind toasted mixture. Add stevia and transfer to a clean jar with lid and store in cool, dry place.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, blend chai blend, milk and water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and add green tea. Cover and leave pan on burner. Steep for 3-5 minutes and strain into cup. Sprinkle with nutmeg and serve,.