Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
After attending a Raw Foods Workshop, I wanted to see what I could create and whether eating raw foods could be simple, easy and great! This is what I discovered! :) I was NEVER a fan of cauliflower, TRUE! This recipe will convert people...substitute for rice; A LOT healthier for you! NOTE: Used Himalayan pink salt, Xylitol (sugarless sugar) and red chilli If you have any questions, PM me! :) ORIGINAL SOURCE: http://whatsonthelist.net/2013/04/09/raw-foods-workshop-with-tansy-follow-up/
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons alfalfa
- 2 tablespoons carrots, grated
- 2 tablespoons radishes, grated
- 2 tablespoons spinach, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons beetroots, grated
- 2 garlic, minced
- 1 chili
- In a food processor, add (cut in pieces) cauliflower; blend until desired rice consistency; add first 9 ingredients until well combined; set aside.
- In a blender combine sesame oil, tamari, sugar, lime juice; blend until well combined; set aside.
- On a flat surface, place one nori roll and fill entire surface with Indian Wild Rice; repeat process for more nori sheets;
- At the edge closest to you, place a “small” line of carrot, then “small” line of radish, “small” line of alfalfa, “small” line of spinach, and “small” line of beetroot.
- Roll the nori sheet “tightly but gently” away from you.
- With your finger, moistened the edge so that it seals properly.
- With a “sharp” knife, cut sushi into desired size; drizzle with sauce and ENJOY!
- I did three batches of these; one small, one medium and one larger (with more filling). I personally enjoyed the smaller “tighter” rolled ones.
- Hint and Tip.
- Do not over stuff or the nori sheet will break; best to use the “less is more principle” .
- Always work with a clean surface in between rolling each nori sheet.
- Keep your hands “clean” and “dry” between each ingredient used.
- Clean knife in between each cut.
- Your ingredients choices are only limited by your imagination!
This was really fun to make, but I still need more practice rolling.