Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my go-to Indian recipe. It's fast, easy, and not to mention delicious!
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 large head cauliflower
- 3 potatoes
- 3 tablespoons oil or 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1 inch knob ginger, chopped fine
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- prepared rice (optional)
- Combine garam masala, Ground coriander, chili powder, ground turmeric, ground cumin, and salt together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut cauliflower and potato into medium sized cubes and thoroughly wash it. Put in bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan / kadai. Add green chilli, ginger garlic and stir for few seconds.
- Add chopped onions and fry over medium heat until light golden brown.
- Add coconut milk, spice mixture, and the cauliflower and potato. Stir well. Cook uncovered for five minutes Cover the pan / kadhai and cook over medium heat until tender. Occasionally stir it to prevent sticking to the bottom.
Husband liked it but I thought it was just ok. I think the coconut really gets lost so the extra calories aren;t worth it. I might dry the dry version of aloo gobi next time with fresh spices.
Delicious vegetable curry recipe! I halved the recipe and used a bit less oil. So spicy and flavorful and quick to make. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Really delicious dish! A nice meal that can serve as a side or main course especially with rice. We love cauliflower and potatoes together and the sauce was very flavorful - love cooking with coconut milk. Will definitely make this dish again! Made for the Everyday is a Holiday tag, January, 2012.