Recipe by Pesto lover
I haven't tried this yet, but intend to make it this weekend, to be served with fish. I am sure it will be flavorful.
- 1 cup basmati rice, cooked
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 small jalapenos, seeded & diced finely
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon cashews
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the basmati rice, according to package directions.
- While rice is cooking, heat oil in skillet, add mustard seeds and when they start to sputter, add cashews. Cook until cashews are lightly browned.
- Add onion and jalapenos. Cook until onion is golden.
- Add tumeric, chili powder and salt. Cook 1 minute.
- Add carrots and 1 tbsp water. Cover and cook until carrots are soft.
- Add lemon juice, stir and then fold in peas and rice.
- Serve with cilantro leaves sprinkled on top.