Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I haven't tried this yet, but intend to make it this weekend, to be served with fish. I am sure it will be flavorful.
- 1 cup basmati rice, cooked
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 small jalapenos, seeded & diced finely
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon cashews
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Cook the basmati rice, according to package directions.
- While rice is cooking, heat oil in skillet, add mustard seeds and when they start to sputter, add cashews. Cook until cashews are lightly browned.
- Add onion and jalapenos. Cook until onion is golden.
- Add tumeric, chili powder and salt. Cook 1 minute.
- Add carrots and 1 tbsp water. Cover and cook until carrots are soft.
- Add lemon juice, stir and then fold in peas and rice.
- Serve with cilantro leaves sprinkled on top.
wow this is good spicy but good.its a pretty dishi did add a little more jalapeno cause i like it hot this one delivers . zaar world tour 8
One of the best rice recipes I've tried so far, and I had many :) I could have doubled the recipe and served it alone for dinner, there wouldn't have been one rice grain left. Thanks for sharing - if you haven't tried it yet, do it, it's utterly delicious!
Made for ZWT 8 / India for the Lively Lemon Lovelies