Recipe by littleturtle
Bread so moist it has to be eaten with a fork.
Top Review by DramaQueen14
I was excited when I saw this recipe because it sounded interesting. I'm not sure how I expected this recipe to come out, but it just wasn't "it". The bread was too savory to be a sweet bread, but not savory enough to not be. We ended up topping it off with a bit of butter and honey. It wasn't bad by any measure, but not something I'll try again.
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread flour (I usually use 1/2 cup whole wheat with 1 cup bread flour) or 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour (I usually use 1/2 cup whole wheat with 1 cup bread flour)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8-inch square pan.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, bring carrots in water to a boil; boil until tender (10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and add honey, brown sugar, butter, cornmeal, and milk.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine dry mixture with carrot mixture, then transfer to baking pan.
- Bake until a cake tester insterted in middle comes out clean (45-50 minutes).
- Serve hot with butter.