- 1⁄2 gallon water
- 1 cup pickling salt
- 2 cups dark dark brown sugar
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- salmon, cleaned and cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the water, salt, sugar and syrup.
- Stir until all ingredients are dissolved.
- Add Fish and brine for 24 hours.
- Remove fish and smoke anywhere from 8 hours to 1 1/2 days, depending on your smoker.
- Use the 3/4 cup honey mixed with the 1/4 cup water for basting.
- Don't over smoke or you're going to have jerky!
- Apple and Cherry woods are great for this recipe.
- Works well with venison also.