Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was printed on a paper placemat in an Indian restaurant in downtown Boston. The recipe name said simply, "Indian Lassi".
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 cardamom pods (the seeds from...)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 -2 teaspoon rose water (optional)
- Stir to dissolve the sugar in the water.
- Crush the cardamom seeds (with a rolling pin or pestle and mortar) and add them to sugar-water.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients; stir to blend.
- Chill and serve.
This is the first lassi I had ever made. It is so good I have not tried another recipe. The first batch I made was minus the rose water, and it was very tasty. I finally found some food grade rose water and made a batch with it today. The rose water was a nice addition.
This is so fun and yummy! I made a half batch with 2 small changes - my buttermilk had gone off, so I made it with 1% and I couldn't find cardamom pods so I used about 1/8 tsp of ground, along with 1/2 tsp rose water (which I love). Thanks for a great lassi! Made for PAC Spring '11
Yum! This is a thinner type of lassi which makes it easier to drink. And the touch of rose water makes this very special! Thank you.