Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my modification of Buckwheat Spice Pancakes, Buckwheat Spice Pancakes. They cook very quickly, which is nice, and are a bit on the dry side. I topped them with agave syrup, and had planned to put blueberries in them, but they mysteriously disappeared from the fridge (DH strikes again!) I think they would be great with fruit on top, and/or honey or whipped cream, and next time I make them I will add some flaxseed meal to the batter for a nutty flavor. I did find the cardamom almost overpowering, even though I adore cardamom, so please keep that in mind when making and adjust to your taste. They are almost-vegan/vegetarian, and could be with some substitutions I don't know enough about to specify. Please let me know if you do! Servings are approximate.
- Combine first seven ingredients and stir to blend.
- Combine wet ingredients and blend.
- Add wet mix to dry mix, stir to blend.
- Heat nonstick frying pan or skillet on medium.
- Spoon ladleful of mixture into pan. When bubbles pop and "craters" appear, flip and cook until done (just a few minutes.).