Recipe by Jane Gib
A basic chappati recipe. it's another recipe my friend Punti taught me. He is an indian chef, who is very patient with me
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix together flour, salt and a little water at a time.
- Add 1 tbls. ghee.
- Knead with hands until dough is soft and all water used.
- Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Heat a greased heavy griddle or frying pan.
- Shape dough into small tennis ball sized pieces, dust with flour and roll out
- until about 5 inches in diameter.
- Place on hot griddle and cook for a few minutes on each side.
- When bubbles appear on the surface, turn and cook other side again.
- Gently press down edges with a clean cloth, so bread cooks evenly.
- When it has brown spots, bread is ready.
- Remove from pan, smear with ghee.