1/3 Photos of Indian Blood Peach and Apple Cake
1 hr 20 mins
This recipe was inspired by the fruits of my garden. Apples and the Indian blood peaches rounded with some Indian spices (cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg) are the flavors of this Indian summer cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g peaches (if possible indian blood peaches)
- 1200 g apples, peeled and coarsely grated
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 5 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- butter, for the mould
- 1Cover your baking mould with baking paper and grease it with butter.
- 2Wash the peaches, cut in slices and arrange nicely in the mold.
- 3Mix the apples, the sugar and the spices together and heat in the microwave until hot.
- 4Mix the water with the starch well in a glass and add to the apples mix.
- 5Heat again until it thickens.
- 6Put this hot mixture on the peaches without moving the slices.
- 7Mix eggs with sugar in the bowl until soft. Add the flour and the baking powder to a soft dough.
- 8Add the dough on the bowl and cover the fruit.
- 9Bake 35 minute at a temperature of 180°C (heat and timing are basing it on convection oven).
- 10After cooling down, turn the cake on a plate upside down and remove the baking paper.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Blood Peach and Apple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.4
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 55.8 mg
- Sodium 78.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 31.8 g
- Protein 3.1 g