1/2 Photos of Indian Beef Rissoles With Rogan Josh Gravy
Saw this on Huey's Kitchen and the DH was interested but with a few tweaks for dietary reasons. Posting as I plan to make - the changes are I used spring onion for finely chopped red onion and cut brown onion chunky instead of finely and omitted the coriander (4 tablespoons finely chopped). At this stage times are estimated. I have since made this and have done some further changes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil
- 2 spring onions (finely chopped mine were small)
- 4 garlic cloves (2 minced, 2 sliced)
- 600 g minced beef (lean ground beef)
- 14.79 ml Greek yogurt (heaped tablespoon)
- 4.92 ml garam masala
- 4.92-9.85 ml curry paste (heaped Huey used chilli paste)
- freshly ground salt (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- plain flour
- cooking spray
- 1 brown onion (medium-large cut into wedges)
- 29.58 ml rogan josh curry paste
- 6 cardamom pods (lightly crushed)
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 236.59-354.88 ml coconut cream
- 118.29 ml tomato (canned diced)
- 118.29-236.59 ml chicken stock
- steamed rice (to serve)
- 1Preheat ovento 180C fan forced (200C normal).
- 2Heat a little vegetable oil in a pan and gently sauté spring onion and 2 minced garlic cloves until tender and then combine with the mince, yoghurt, garam masala, chilli paste, seasonings and 2 heaped tablespoon chopped coriander (I omitted).
- 3Form the mixture into 8 rissoles and flour each one and place on 1 - 2 lightly oiled baking trays and then cook the rissoles in the oven for about 15 minutes, turning after 7 minutes and then drain well (I had very little fat to drain as I used a very lean mince).
- 4While the rissoles are cooking, heat a little oil in a fry pan (he recommended a wok though on the programme he used a fry pan) and sauté the brown onion and 2 sliced garlic cloves until tender.
- 5Add the curry paste with the cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and bay leaves and mix well and briefly cook to toast the spices. and then add about 1 cup coconut cream with the tomatoes, 1/2 cup stock and seasonings and cook for about 5 minutes until reduced quite heavily, adding more coconut cream and/or stock as needed, taste for seasoning.
- 6Arrange the rissoles on a large plate (or individual plates), spoon plenty of sauce over the top and sprinkle with the remaining coriander (omitted).
- 7Serve with steamed rice (I also serve with some steamed vegetables).
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Beef Rissoles With Rogan Josh Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.4
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 102.9 mg
- Sodium 178.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 40.6 g
- Protein 30.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: