Recipe by Seeprats
This is a very traditional South-Indian preparation of beef...a slightly spicy dry side-dish. The flavour is more authentic when it is prepared using coconut oil instead of regular vegetable oil.Extremely simple,it tastes great when paired with pulao or even pita bread & hummus.
- 907.18 g beef, small cubes
- 1 red onion, sliced finely (big)
- 4 green chilies, minced
- 1 inch gingerroot, finely chopped
- 9.85 ml coriander powder
- 4.92 ml garam masala
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml red chili powder
- 4 red chilies (dried,seeds removed)
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 59.16 ml shredded coconut (dried)
- 2.46 ml ghee
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate the beef with half of the the sliced onions, green chillies, ginger, curry leaves, coriander powder, garam masala, pepper and red chili powder. Keep aside for at least half an hour.
- Sauté the remaining half of the onions till golden brown. Add the red chilies and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Next add the marinated beef and half a cup of water. Add salt to taste. Cover and cook on low heat till the beef is tender.
- Once the beef is well cooked, stir-fry continuously till it turns dry and dark brown in colour.
- Separately, heat the ghee and fry the shredded coconut till brown.
- Add the coconut to the fried beef, stir on medium heat for 5 minutes till it is well mixed.