1/1 Photo of Indian Beef Masala Fry
1 hr 25 mins
This is a very traditional South-Indian preparation of beef...a slightly spicy dry side-dish. The flavour is more authentic when it is prepared using coconut oil instead of regular vegetable oil.Extremely simple,it tastes great when paired with pulao or even pita bread & hummus.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 907.18 g beef, small cubes
- 1 red onion, sliced finely (big)
- 4 green chilies, minced
- 1 inch gingerroot, finely chopped
- 9.85 ml coriander powder
- 4.92 ml garam masala
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml red chili powder
- 4 red chilies (dried,seeds removed)
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 59.16 ml shredded coconut (dried)
- 2.46 ml ghee
- 1Marinate the beef with half of the the sliced onions, green chillies, ginger, curry leaves, coriander powder, garam masala, pepper and red chili powder. Keep aside for at least half an hour.
- 2Sauté the remaining half of the onions till golden brown. Add the red chilies and sauté for a few more minutes.
- 3Next add the marinated beef and half a cup of water. Add salt to taste. Cover and cook on low heat till the beef is tender.
- 4Once the beef is well cooked, stir-fry continuously till it turns dry and dark brown in colour.
- 5Separately, heat the ghee and fry the shredded coconut till brown.
- 6Add the coconut to the fried beef, stir on medium heat for 5 minutes till it is well mixed.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Beef Masala Fry
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.0
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 133.3 mg
- Sodium 159.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 52.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: