Recipe by Brian Holley
A versatile spicy batter mix. I use this for creating starters or tit bit bites to serve with drinks. prawns served with a salad in this way make a nice change from the usual, bland offering.
- 88.74 ml chickpea flour (gram flour)
- 44.37 ml rice flour
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 9.85 ml ground coriander
- 4.92 ml dried mango powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 6 fluid ounce water
- 4 zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, stir in the water to form a batter mixture.
- Heat oil in a shallow pan.
- Coat the zucchini, prawns or whatever with the batter, fry 2 minutes each side.
- Remove from pan, drain on kitchen paper, place in oven to keep warm while the rest of the zucchini is fried.
- Serve hot, or straight from the pan.