Recipe by **Jubes**
Posting this as something different to try as a sweet treat that is gluten-free. From the cookbook "cooking school Indian". One hour needed for the dessert to set after cooked
- 75 g unsalted butter (2 3/4 ounces)
- 200 g ground almonds (7oz)
- 200 g sugar (7oz)
- 150 ml single cream (5 fl oz)
- 8 almonds, chopped
- 10 pistachio nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a heavy based saucepan. Stir well.
- Add in the ground almonds, sugar and cream . Stir well. Reduce heat and stir constantly for 10-12 minutes, scraping the base of the saucepan.
- Increase the heat until the mixture turns a little darker in colour.
- Transfer the almond mixture to a large, shallow serving dish and smooth the top with the back of a spoon. You want the mixture to be around 1/4 inch thick as a minimum.
- Decorate the top of the dessert with the chopped almonds and pistachio nuts.
- Leave to set for 1 hour and then cut into diamond shapes and serve cold.