Posting this as something different to try as a sweet treat that is gluten-free. From the cookbook "cooking school Indian". One hour needed for the dessert to set after cooked
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a heavy based saucepan. Stir well.
- 2Add in the ground almonds, sugar and cream . Stir well. Reduce heat and stir constantly for 10-12 minutes, scraping the base of the saucepan.
- 3Increase the heat until the mixture turns a little darker in colour.
- 4Transfer the almond mixture to a large, shallow serving dish and smooth the top with the back of a spoon. You want the mixture to be around 1/4 inch thick as a minimum.
- 5Decorate the top of the dessert with the chopped almonds and pistachio nuts.
- 6Leave to set for 1 hour and then cut into diamond shapes and serve cold.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian- Almond and Pistachio Dessert (Gluten-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1424.7
- Calories from Fat 884
- Total Fat 98.2 g
- Saturated Fat 32.0 g
- Cholesterol 128.1 mg
- Sodium 54.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 126.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.1 g
- Sugars 104.3 g
- Protein 25.3 g