Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Posting this as something different to try as a sweet treat that is gluten-free. From the cookbook "cooking school Indian". One hour needed for the dessert to set after cooked
- Melt the butter in a heavy based saucepan. Stir well.
- Add in the ground almonds, sugar and cream . Stir well. Reduce heat and stir constantly for 10-12 minutes, scraping the base of the saucepan.
- Increase the heat until the mixture turns a little darker in colour.
- Transfer the almond mixture to a large, shallow serving dish and smooth the top with the back of a spoon. You want the mixture to be around 1/4 inch thick as a minimum.
- Decorate the top of the dessert with the chopped almonds and pistachio nuts.
- Leave to set for 1 hour and then cut into diamond shapes and serve cold.