Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This is from BHG favorites from 1930 until 2001. This recipe dates from the 1930's.
Top Review by sporterau
I used 2 heaped teaspoons of red curry paste, 1 heaped teaspoon of garlic and 1 heaped teaspoon of ginger paste to give it some zing, plus I used tomato paste instead of tomato juice. Overall, very good.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 2 cups rice, cooked and hot
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan cook the onion and celery in hot margarine or butter until tender.
- Stir in flour and curry powder.
- Add the chicken broth and worcestershire sauce.
- Cook and stir until bubbly.
- Stir in the cooked chicken and tomato juice;.
- heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve over hot rice.