Recipe by HDMac
Oh my gosh. We love this bread. More like dessert! Hope you love it too!
Top Review by cookn4mytwins
Very good banana bread. I baked it in a 12-cup bundt pan. Everything was working well until I tipped the pan over to get the bread out and half of it stayed in the pan. We had half banana bread and half banana pieces. Next time I'll follow the directions and bake it in 2 loaf pans. Still, a good bread with a unique topping.
Topping for after baking
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 10 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup pecans (or more)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Mash bananas, beat 2 eggs and add to bananas with vanilla and butter milk.
- Mix well and add to creamed butter and sugar.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt.
- Add to banana mixture; beat well.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 9 x 5 loaf pans.
- Bake 45-50 minutes until bread pulls away from sides of pan.
- Prepare topping: Melt butter in sauce pan.
- Add sugar and milk.
- Cook until very syrupy about 10 minutes.
- Remove fron heat and add chopped pecans.
- Pour over bread, spreading to all corners and place under broiler til brown and bubbly.
- WATCH CLOSELY!