Recipe by rashu_np
It's tasty. It will remind you of our Indian flag and you will love it.
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
I know it is not our Independence day, but I really wanted to try out these puris since a while. Finally, I am SO GLAD I could get down to making them today. These puris are addictive! I made them for lunch this afternoon and served them with homemade lemon pickle. They were awesome! I used 1/2 a tsp. of salt for each dough that I made, so that makes it a total of 1 1/2 tsps. of salt. The recipe is perfect. No other additions/substitutions. Thank you for a great bread!
Directions See How It's Made
- Firstly, take washed, fresh spinach and steam it for 4 minutes in microwave.
- Place in blender; puree.
- Remove puree to another container.
- Put one cup of flour in a bowl.
- Put salt and ghee in it.
- Make a dough with plain water (as we do generally to make puri).
- Put it aside.
- Now again take another cup of flour.
- Put salt and ghee.
- This time mix the flour with spinach and make the dough.
- Keep it aside.
- Again take the remaining flour left.
- Put in salt and ghee.
- This time mix the flour with the tomato puree; put aside.
- Keep all doughs separately in fridge and leave it for one hour.
- Now make long and thin strips of all the three coloured doughs.
- Once you will make three long strips bring all of them together and make one stripe.
- Now make small balls as we make for puri and then make small round puri and then deep fry it.
- You will like three coloured puri and it’s tasty too.