Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A rich but low fat pudding recipe. It would satisfy your craving for chocolate.
- 2 egg whites (slightly beaten)
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl combine cocoa and cornflour.
- Add 3/4 cup milk and mix thoroughly.
- Heat the remaining milk and sugar in a saucepan, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add cocoa mixture to the saucepan and mix to combine.
- Return to heat and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Remove one cup of the mixture and blend with egg whites.
- Return everything to the saucepan and heat on medium-low for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Finally, add in vanilla and mix well.
- Divide the mixture among 4 dessert cups and chill for at least one hour before serving.
I'm so sorry. But I made this as stated and it never set at all.