1/2 Photos of Incredibly Moist Apple Bread
1 hr 15 mins
I was first introduced to this wonderful Apple Bread from a co-worker more than 20 years ago! I just recently begged her to bring me the recipe so I could make it. She said she has kept it "posted" on her refrigerator for all of these years and still makes it all the time. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat over to 350 and grease and flour loaf pan.
- 2Cream together the 1 cup sugar, shortening, eggs and vanilla.
- 3Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until smooth.
- 4Stir in apples and nuts and spread in pan.
- 5Mix the 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over batter.
- 6Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 50-60 minutes.
- 7Immediately remove from pan; cool bread completely before slicing.
- 8Store tightly covered. Makes 1 loaf.
- 9Note: Unbleached flour can be used in this recipe; if using self-rising flour, omit baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Incredibly Moist Apple Bread
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.4
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 339.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 5.0 g