Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
Had these at a party and couldn't get over how yummy they were! Moist and flavorful and even a little healthy. :) The yield is a guess.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup solid pack pumpkin
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels or 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 5 ingredients and set aside.
- Cream the next four ingredients together.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Mix.
- Add alternately the pumpkin and the dry ingredients to sugar mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in semi-sweet chocolate morsels or raisins.
- Bake on lightly greased cookie sheet at 350°F for 10-14 minutes.
- These cookies can be decorated with icing/peanut butter and candies if desired. But they are excellent plain too.
- (15oz can of pumpkin = 2 batches of cookies).