Recipe by psychotammymom
This is real comfort food. People will think that you made it from scratch. We like it for a fast meal, for pot-luck dinners, for chilly nights, etc. You can use boned chicken, but for a truly dump and cook meal, use the canned chicken meat. You will love it. I posted this recipe on another site and it has received only five star ratings.
Top Review by Young Living in Texas
Very good! I never used frozen noodles before. I had to go to several stores, than found only 12 ounce pkg. I was going to cut the recipe in half, because there is just the two of us now. Well I forgot. I have enough to last all week. To cut down on the sodium I used Healthy Request cream chicken soup and 1 can Health Valley broth and 2 cans fat free Health Valley broth. The first night I added peas and corn and served all on toast. Next night I added a package mixed veggies and served on biscuits. I will freeze the rest. I uploaded a picture. I don't know if it will publish. Thanks again!
- 1 (26 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth (3-4 cans)
- 1 (9 3/4 ounce) can chicken meat or 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 (9 ounce) packagesfrozen egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, mix all the ingredients except the noodles.
- Bring to a boil, then stir in the noodles.
- Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes or until the noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
- This can also be done in a crock pot.
- I get the soup ingredients hot on the stove and then pour it into the crock pot along with the noodles.
- Cook for 2 to 4 hours on low heat.