Recipe by Karen=^..^=
My favorite non-chocolate cake is Strawberry Shortcake. This one starts with a mix but tastes homemade all the way. It is amazing!
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) envelope Dream Whip, unprepared
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup cold water
Topping and Filling
- 1 cup ice cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 pints strawberries, hulled and sliced (Leave 5 or 6 nice looking berries whole)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat 4 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour into a greased and floured tube pan and bake for about 50 minutes or into 2- 8 or 9 inch greased and floured pans and bake for about 30 minutes, or until cake test dones.
- Cool completely.
- Topping and Filling: Mix milk, pudding mix and whipped topping in a large bowl and beat until peaks form.
- If not using right away, keep in the refrigerator.
- Put it together: Cut tube pan cake in half lengthwise.
- Frost bottom with half of filling and layer with sliced strawberries.
- Place top half of cake on and frost with remaining filling.
- Decorate with whole berries.