Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
Easy, cheesy, savory spread to transform regular bread into a taste sensation! Goes awesome with pasta dishes or beside a fresh salad.
- 1⁄2-1 cup margarine
- 3 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Microwave margarine in medium glass bowl for about 40 seconds or until about halfway melted.
- Mix in all ingredients, using a fork.
- Spread mixture over bread (I use a one of those long sourdough french loaves split in half lengthwise but I've also used plain thickcut bread or split dinner rolls).
- Place on baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes at 450, until top is golden brown.
SaraFish, thanks for posting such a wonderful recipe. What a treat for me and my dinner guests! It is so easy to make, and I loved the garlic/cheeses. Since I was getting all the dinner together and was in the "kitchen rush mode" I used the oven instead of the micro, and it came out just when I wanted it to, and hot. I have a recipe similar, but wanted to try yours, and I'm glad I did.
Omg this was fantastic!!! Will never buy store bought again. We used it on really fresh French loaf and it was perfect. I didn't even measure out the ingredients, just estimated. Used butter instead of margarine and it gave the bread a wonderful taste. Will make again!
WOW!!! SaraFish this cheese spread is to die for. I made this for our bread and served with spaghetti. Oh, what a feast we had. The spread was so easy to make and spread over the bread very nicely. I used sour dough like you suggested but this would work on any kind of bread. Thank you. Gladys