Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is sooooo refreshing on a hot day and is the perfect ending to a BBQ (or any) meal. Everyone who has ever tried this has raved about it. It is so yummy and light and does not last a day in our house! If you do have any left, store it in the refrigerator. (Cooling time is not added to the prep or cook times.)
Top Review by bert
Karen, this was just as you said, wonderful for a hot day. We had a BBQ yesterday and I made this the night before. Very quick and easy to make and I had it done in no time. I had other desserts as well, so there was some left over (but I'm glad about that, because now I can enjoy it today). Everyone really enjoyed it. Thanks so much for a recipe I intend to make again.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed (Cool Whip or store brand)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch pan (I use a pyrex baking pan so I can serve the cake right in the pan).
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil and ONE can of oranges with juice.
- Mix by hand or with mixer until smooth (you will still see bits of oranges).
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until thin steak knife inserted in center come out clean.
- Allow to cool completely on rack.
- In a large bowl, mix whipped topping, the other can of mandarin oranges with juice and dry pudding mix until well combined and smooth.
- Spread on cooled cake.