Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have no idea where this recipe came from; if it's yours, let me know IMMEDIATELY so that I can give you credit. (Although I think I modified some things to suit my own preferences.) But I just think it's so simple but fantastic and wanted to share it.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans
- 0.5 (16 ounce) can corn
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- Sautee onion and pepper until soft but not brown.
- Mix other ingredients in a large pot. [I also usually add 6 oz (1/2 package) of Morning Star Grillers Recipe Crumbles.] Bring to a boil and let simmer.
- Add onion and pepper to pot; cook for about 20 minutes. (The longer it simmers, the more robust the flavor will be.).
- Season with salt and pepper (maybe a little extra cumin) to taste.