Recipe by msjcooper
This recipe was given to me at a Fourth of July party. I have made it several times, and I always bring recipe cards to the events I take it too, because EVERYONE asks for the recipe!This salad is so delicious, and the kids love it too! I leave out the onions when I make it for kids. If you are travelling with the salad. Don't add the chips or dressing until you are ready to serve. Great the second day too!
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 lb seasoned ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can sliced olive (optional)
- 2 chopped green onions (optional)
- 1 bag nacho cheese flavor Doritos, finely crumbled
- 1 bottle French dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Assemble ingredients, in order written, in large bowl.
- Add the chips and dressing just before serving.
- To crumble the Doritos, I let my kids just smash the bag until it is all crumbs.
- Be sure to make a small air hole in the bag prior to smashing, unless you want chips all over the kitchen.