Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Wonderful Italian soup. Very quick to make! 8)
Make and share this Incredible Sausage & Ravioli Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces sweet Italian sausage links, casing removed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 (13 3/4 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 (9 ounce) bagfrozen mini cheese ravioli
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, torn
- grated parmesan cheese
- In a 4-quart heavy pot on medium heat, brown the sausage and cook garlic until tender.
- Stir, breaking up the sausage, about 5 minutes; pour off the excess fat.
- Remove the sausage/garlic mixture from pot and set aside.
- In pot over medium-high heat, heat broth and water to a boil.
- Add the ravioli and cook 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, sausage mixture, mustard, oregano and pepper; heat through.
- Stir in the spinach; cook until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.