Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
There's a fairly similar recipe on here for roasted broccoli, but there's no temperature set, and that's KEY! Also, I like the broccoli to stand on its own--no need for pignoli, aka pine nuts! I, myself, have always loved broccoli, but this method of cooking is BY FAR the best.
- 2 stalks broccoli
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced lengthwise
- olive oil (to coat)
- sea salt (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Cut stalks into florets. I find that small florets pick up a very crispy, delicious flavor! Throw in sliced garlic.
- Toss with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for twenty minutes. Check to see if crisp-tender, as well as crisp enough for you. (I roast at least 27 minutes!).
- When satisfactorily roasted, squeeze fresh lemon juice over the broccoli, then top with the freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Very nice recipe with nice flavors. We felt that 20 minutes was too long for us - we like ours a little crisper. I think that this would be great cooked a little less time. Thanks for sharing. Made for Cookbook Tag.
So easy to do and the taste is so good. Love the parmesan on the broccoli. thanks melewen :) Made for cookbook tag game
FAN-TASTIC! Very simple recipe, but oh, so satisfying. We made it with the lemon juice as well as the fresh-grated parmesan. They both added some interestng flavour but, honestly, the broccoli is good enough to stand up on its own. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2012.