Recipe by Creation in Hope
This is a diabetic pie recipe that my Mom gave to me this past year since my husband is diabetic. This pie makes its own crust, so there is no crust to make.
Top Review by justcallmetoni
Like Susie mine did not form a crust so this was more like a pumpkin custard with extra body from the pancake mix. I used a home made pumpkin pie spice and a bit of crystalized ginger. Friends didn't notice the Splenda and I had a guilt free dessert.
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk pancake mix
- 2 tablespoons light margarine
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 21 ounces canned pumpkin, I am guessing on the can size but its the 2 cup size
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla