Incredible Peking Chicken!
- Remove the skin from the chicken. Cut the chicken into 8 equal pieces. Rub the salt and white pepper over the chicken pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, Chinese rice wine or sherry, 2 of the chopped green onions, minced ginger and sugar. Set aside half of the marinade to use later.
- Place the chicken pieces in a large resealable bag. Pour in the unreserved marinade. Seal and place in the refrigerator. Marinate for 4 to 6 hours, turning occasionally to make sure all of the chicken is covered.
- Heat oil for deep-frying to between 360 and 375 degrees Fahrenheit. While the oil is heating, drain the chicken pieces and discard the marinade used to marinate the chicken. Make sure the chicken pieces are quite dry.
- Dredge each of the chicken pieces in the flour.
- Deep-fry the chicken, a few pieces at a time, in the hot oil until they are golden brown and crispy. Remove from the wok with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons oil from the wok. Add the minced garlic and the reserved green onion and stir-fry until aromatic (about 30 seconds). Add the reserved marinade. Bring to a boil. Add the deep-fried chicken. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for about 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve immediately.
- More Fried Chicken Recipes.