Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
these are always requested for holiday dinners...we like them even better than pecan pie
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- beat butter on high for 30 seconds --
- add sugar, lemon peel, and vanilla.mix well.add flour, and combine well.
- press into bottom of 13x9" baking pan.and bake at 350* for 15 minutes.
- reduce oven heat to 325* --
- remove crust from oven and pour in filling --
- to prepare FILLING:.
- combine first four ingredients in a pan and cook over medium heat till it comes to a boil -- remove from heat and stir in pecans and cream.mix well.
- pour over crust and bake 25 minutes.
- cut into bars when cooled -- .
These were so good. Made them for a gathering and 3 people asked me for the recipe. They were harder than I personally like, maybe because I used canned milk instead of cream, so next time I will try only 20 min. bake time. Thanks for an incredible recipe!