Recipe by God's_sugarcookie
I looked and I can't believe no one has posted this recipe here yet!! This is different from all the other recipes here, is not very dense and is not too sweet, allowing the wonderful bran flavor through. This came off the back of a quaker oat bran hot cereal box. Only 120 calories per muffin!
Top Review by Anonymous
These muffins are delicious! Made with blueberries and added vanilla extract and cinnamon. Before popping in the oven I sprinkled on unsweetened shredded coconut. Devine! I love that no flour is used in this recipe. So much healthier. I cooked for 12min and they came out perfectly moist and yummy! I will definitely make again and will try a savory muffin the next time.
- 2 cups oat bran hot cereal, uncooked (I use Quaker)
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup honey (I haven't tried molasses yet) or 1⁄4 cup molasses (I haven't tried molasses yet)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- *Blueberry or banana variations are at bottom.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- Combine dry ingredients. Add milk, egg, honey, and oil; mix just until ingredients are moistened.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake 14-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- *NOTE: You can stir in 1/2 cup frozen blueberries or 1 medium ripe mashed banana for a fruity variation.
- These are also great the next day cold if you seal them in a baggy or stick em in a container to keep em fresh.