Prep 15 mins
Cook 38 mins
Very easy to make and you can use different ice creams and different icings. This is from the Cake Mix Doctor.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 2 cups melted ice cream, your choice of flavor, cherry vanilla is good
- 3 large eggs
- Place cake mix, melted ice cream, and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute.
- Increase the speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more.
- Pour the batter into a Bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees 38 to 42 minutes.
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder.
- 4 tbsps. butter.
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoons milk.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- 6 large marshmallows.
- Sift the sugar and cocoa together into a large mixing bowl.
- Set aside.
- Place the marshmallows, butter, and milk in a medium- size.
- saucepan over low heat.
- Stir until the marshmallows are melted, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Pour sugar and cocoa mixture over the marshmallow mixture.
- Add the vanilla and stir until the frosting is smooth.
I made this over the weekend and used Ben & Jerry's Dublin Mudslide ice cream (which IMO is to die for). Taste wise, this cake was no big deal for us. It was easy to make with easy to come by ingredients and the bundt cake shape is always a nice presentation. I will probably try it again using a more strongly flavored ice cream for more than the ho-hum flavor of my first attempt.
I spotted this as a good way to get rid of the Blue Bell cherry vanilla ice cream in my freezer and was pleasantly suprised with a sweet and delicious cake! The frosting is very chocolately-good and the variations are endless. This would be a fun cake to make with the kids, they certainly enjoyed eating it! The only suggestion I have is to add the frosting ingredients into the ingredient list for ease of preparation and to better use the shopping list feature on Zaar which I just discovered. Thanks so much, Liz, for a great recipe!
Had this cake with coffee ice-cream. All I can say is WOW!!!!