Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Developed for RSC#14. A really fabulous marinade makes for really incredible lamb chops. My guinea pigs are insisting I make this again soon! Crazy simple with loads of flavor. Neither preparation time nor cooking time include time to marinate.
- 8 lamb chops
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled & quartered
- 1 bunch green onion, trimmed & roughly chopped, about 1c
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 8 lamb chops
- 1⁄4 cup creme fraiche
- Combine all marinade ingredients in blender & puree.
- Reserve 1/4c marinade. Pour remaining marinade into a ziptop bag with the lamb chops & refrigerate 2 hours or more.
- Combine 1/4c marinade with 1/4c creme fraiche. Taste for seasoning, add salt, pepper or rosemary as needed. Set aside.
- Preheat grill.
- When grill is ridiculously hot, spray with oil. Put lamb chops on grill & walk away for 2 minutes. Turn them over & leave them be another 2 minutes. Remove to serving plates. They should be rare with crispy grill marks.
- Arrange 2 chops per plate and add a dollop of marinade/creme fraiche mixture.
Lamb chops are not available nearby so I replaced them with center cut pork chops. I was wanting to try the marinade which does implement 5 contest ingredients. The marinade takes only minutes to prepare & I poured it onto the chops and let it marinate for around 4 hours. We felt the marinade on the chops paired well. The flavor was slightly herby & the chops were very tender even after cooking until well done on a contact grill. The creme fraiche sauce however was less successful with us. We both tasted it & didn't use any more. It was very tart & the vinegar was predominant. Maybe it would be more successful paired with the lamb as intended. Good luck in the contest!