Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make these noodles last for a soup. Remove any vegetables and meat that may be in the base before boiling it to cook the noodles. After cooking the noodles put everything back in the base and heat for 5 minutes and serve. This recipe makes enough for a large soup, but you could make half again as much if you like a lot of noodles in your soup.
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Shedd Spread Country Crock, melted
- 4 egg whites or 1⁄2 cup fleischmann Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons cold water
- In a medium size bowl, combine flour, salt, and spread; mix thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, blend the egg whites with the cold water.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, and put the egg mixture in the well; mix until the ingredients are blended.
- Press into a ball.
- Roll out until 1/8" thick on a floured board.
- Cut into strips 1 1/2" wide and 4" long.
- Bring whatever soup base you are making to a full boil and add the noodles all at once.
- Return to a boil and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.