Make these noodles last for a soup. Remove any vegetables and meat that may be in the base before boiling it to cook the noodles. After cooking the noodles put everything back in the base and heat for 5 minutes and serve. This recipe makes enough for a large soup, but you could make half again as much if you like a lot of noodles in your soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium size bowl, combine flour, salt, and spread; mix thoroughly.
- 2In a small bowl, blend the egg whites with the cold water.
- 3Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, and put the egg mixture in the well; mix until the ingredients are blended.
- 4Press into a ball.
- 5Roll out until 1/8" thick on a floured board.
- 6Cut into strips 1 1/2" wide and 4" long.
- 7Bring whatever soup base you are making to a full boil and add the noodles all at once.
- 8Return to a boil and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Incredible Low Fat Homemade Noodles for Soup
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.1
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 328.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Shedd Spread Country Crock