1/1 Photo of Incredible Lasagna W/ Bolognese Sauce
1 hr 45 mins
I got this recipe from our local paper. Others say it's Emeril's recipe, but it didn't say so in the paper. Either way, it's not mine, but I tried it and it rocked. It isn't like the lasagna you normally make, as it doesn't have Ricotta or Mozzerella. But trust it, it's different and it's awesome. It actually tastes more authentic than the cheesy style lasagna. Also, original recipe called for Spinach Pasta (homemade), but I substited Barilla brand (ready to bake) shells. If you don't know how to make a bechamel, I'll post a recipe and attempt to link it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a ceramic 9 x 13 casserole dish with butter and set aside (this is so that the noodles don't stick to the bottom, and it works better than putting sauce down, and tastes great, too).
- 2Boil lasagna shells until al dente (look at directions on package), unless you're using the ready to bake type.
- 3Arrange pasta into single layer in pan, cutting and patching to fit as needed.
- 4Carefully top with a thin layer of bolognese (about 1 1/2 cups). Sprinkle liberally with parmiggiano cheese.
- 5Arrange another layer of pasta on top, covering with bechamel (about 1 1/3 cup) and sprinkle again with parmiggiano cheese.
- 6Repeat layers until you have at least 3 layers of bolognese and bechamel, then finish with another cup of the reserved bolognese, and finally top with parmigianno.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees until hot and bubbly, about 50 minutes.
- 8Let rest about 15 minutes before serving.
- 9Serve with any remaining bolognese on the side.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Incredible Lasagna W/ Bolognese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.7
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 14.6 mg
- Sodium 246.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: