Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The holy grail of chocolate frosting! The secret is the cream cheese. I actually don't like cream cheese, but you can't taste the cream cheese in the frosting. The cream cheese somehow adds just the right touch to the chocolate flavor.
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar (confectioners')
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- chopped pecans (optional)
- Cream the cream cheese and butter together.
- Sift the powdered sugar and cocoa into a separate bowl.
- Add sifted ingredients a little at a time to creamed mixture, beating until well incorporated.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Mix in a cup of chopped pecans, if desired.
This icing is simply supreme! Thanks for sharing.
Excellent frosting. Softer, and not as sickeningly sweet as many frostings.
Wonderful, this is a keeper!