Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is so so so good and cold on a hot summer's day! You can also make it up to 2 months in advance, so you can have it ready for unexpected guests :) I have modified this so much and tried it different ways, but the best is below with all of the optional ingredients used! I am the "dessert person" at all of the family gatherings and this is the most requested all the time! Enjoy!
- 19 ice cream sandwiches (regular "or" neopolitan)
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chocolate fudge topping
- 0.5 (12 ounce) jar strawberry ice cream topping (optional)
- 0.5 (12 ounce) jar butterscotch sundae sauce (optional) or 0.5 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping (optional)
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts (or 1 jar of wet nuts ice cream topping)
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- banana, sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut one ice cream sandwich in half.
- Put one whole and one half ice cream sandwich along the short side of a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Arrange eight ice cream sandwiches in opposite direction evenly in bottom of pan.
- Spread with half of the whipped topping.
- Drizzle or dollop most of fudge topping on top of whipped topping (save a couple tablespoons).
- Drizzle optional toppings (if using) and nuts on top, reserving a couple tablespoons of each.
- Repeat another layer of ice cream sandwiches.
- Top with remaining whipped topping.
- Fancily drizzle remaining hot fudge, butterscotch and strawberry toppings on top, along with walnuts or wet nuts.
- Cover and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Remove from freezer 20-30 minutes before serving.
- Cut into squares and top with a few maraschino cherries.
- Serve slices bananas on the side for people who are in a banana split mood and want to top theirs with bananas!
- YUM YUM YUM!