Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
The original recipe was posted in our local paper, and i adapted it to make it gluten free. These are so good , i had to make two batches because they were gobbled up so quickly, and no one realised that they were gluten free. i make my own gluten free flour which i will post seperately, but any good quality GF flour will do, just make sure it contains xanthan gum.
- preheat oven to 325*.
- mix cream cheese and butter together, stir in flour, chill dough in fridge for 1 hour.
- Shape dough into balls and place in muffin tins, press dough up the sides and bottom of the muffin cups ( i usually wear a thin latex glove to stop my fingers sticking to the dough, and you have to work fairly quickly while the dough is chilled and still firm ) this amount usually makes 9 little pies.
- Sprinkle half the pecans into dough lined muffin cups.
- Beat together the egg, 1 tbsp melted butter, salt and vanilla until smooth.
- Spoon filling into cups and top with remaining pecans.
- Bake at 325* for 25 minutes.
- Cool completely before removing pies from muffin tins.