1/2 Photos of Incredible Gluten Free Butter Cookies
Suzy mom to 2's Note:
These cookies are so delectable it's hard to believe they are gluten free ;-) Shortbread-like and not overly sweet, they keep very well and make a perfect holiday gift! The recipe is a result of experimenting with all kinds of cookie recipes, combining things I liked and then patiently changing the resulting recipe slightly, time after time until it met my expectations. I hope it will meet yours as well :-) The dough is easy to roll out for cutting and also suitable for using a cookie press. I often freeze them raw in large amounts to bake later, but even without freezing these cookies hardly spread. If you need to avoid lactose, you can replace the butter with 4/5 dairy free margarine and 1/5 Ghee so as to have the buttery taste without the lactose.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2In a large bowl sift rice flour, corn starch, almond flour and teff.
- 3Grind coconut flour TOGETHER with cane sugar until fine, add to flour mixture.
- 4Add xanthan gum, salt and vanilla sugar and mix all ingredients well, using a wire whisk.
- 5Cut in butter and egg yolks and knead until you have a nice supple dough. At first it may seem the dough won't come together, but don't panick: it will ;-).
- 6Shape cookies the way you prefer.
- 7If dough is a bit too stiff for using a cookie press add a little cold water (no more than one tbsp at a time!)
- 8Place cookies on a greased cookie sheet or silpat leaving 1/2 inch in between.
- 9Bake for 15-20 minutes, remove from oven when they start to smell real good and just turned slightly golden.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Incredible Gluten Free Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (505 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.5
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 23.6 mg
- Sodium 35.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light cane sugar