beach bum in the Philippines's Note:
Our catering company's signature appetizer. We served more crab dip than any other item. Absolutely delicious, and you will keep coming back for more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb lump crabmeat, shells picked
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup imitation crabmeat, shredded
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/4 teaspoons onion juice
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 pinch garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1drain the crabmeat and remove any leftover shell fragments if necessary.
- 2In a heated CROCPOT, mix cream cheese, sour cream, white wine, onion juice, mustard powder, and garlic salt (and pepper) until smooth.
- 3Stir in 2 tablespoons of grated cheddar cheese and then fold into the sauce with the crabmeat and imitation crabmeat.
- 4Heat the mixture for 20 to 30 minutes until the mixture starts to bubble and is steaming on top.
- 5Transfer the mixture into a small chaffing dish with Sterno for heat on the bottom.
- 6Serve with crackers, or crudities.
- 7CHEF'S NOTE: Please note that there is no mayonnaise in this recipe, therefor it can be chilled, even frozen, and upon reheating, the mixture will return to its former consistency.
- 8The "secret" to this recipe is that it is cooked in a CROCK POT and not cooked on top of the stove with direct heat. You can use a double boiler but the crock pot is simpler and fool proof. The mixture will not burn.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Incredible Edible's Famous Hot Crab Dip
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 688.4
- Calories from Fat 535
- Total Fat 59.5 g
- Saturated Fat 36.9 g
- Cholesterol 216.4 mg
- Sodium 976.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 26.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: