Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I made this for a friend's birthday party, I didn't have enough time to leave the filling in the refrigerator, and when I rolled up it all came out...even though I tried to fix it I must say it didn't look exactly appealing, but it was soooooooo god that noone even noticed!
- Preheat oven 180°C, grease and line with baking paper a 33x23 cm (13x9 in) swiss roll tin.
- Prepare the filling: melt chocolate and liqueur in a double boiler, when smooth remove from heat and stir in beaten egg yolks.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form, then fold them carefully in the chocolate mixture.
- Chill until needed.
- Make the roll:In a bowl whisk egg yolks and sugar until thickened and light yellow, fold in melted chocolate.
- Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form, the fold into chocolate mixture.
- Put in prepared swiss roll tin, spreading the mixture to the corner.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until risen and firm to the touch.
- Sprinkle cocoa powder evenly on a sheet of baking paper, turn the roll out onto the paper, cover with a damp cloth and leave to cool.
- When cooled peel off the baking paper, spread with the softened mascarpone, and on top of mascarpone spread the chocolate filling.
- Roll up from a long side and transfer to a serving plate, with the joint underneath, chill until firm.
- Just before serving dust with cocoa powder and decorate with chocolate dipped strawberries.