Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Every one who tries this loves it and wants the recipie. My friend Meg passed this on to me when I had it at her house for lunch. This is a great dish to serve at a shower, brunch or luncheon. It's great in pita or served warm over a bed of greens.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb chicken breast, about
- 2 -3 cups of cooked wild rice (basmati is good too)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup of shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Boil chicken breasts.
- When no longer pink, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Put in a large bowl.
- Add rice, raisins, and carrots.
- In a small bowl mix dressing ingredients.
- Whisk well.
- Pour over chicken mixture.
- Blend well.
- Serve warm or chilled in pita bread or on a bed of greens.
- (If making ahead, reserve some of the dressing and add in right before serving).