Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is amazing....creamy and oh so good. Everyone who tries this has to have the recipe. i SERVE THIS WITH GARLIC BREAD ITS A MUST. You will love it. this is one of our family recipe's. People drool over this and I never give out the recepie!
- 2 lbs fresh broccoli, cut up into bite size pieces
- 0.5 (12 ounce) package bacon, cut into small pieces and cook
- 1 pint half-and-half or 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 (15 ounce) cans chicken broth
- Par-boil broccoli until tender, drain and set aside.
- In fry pan saute onions and bacon until onion is tender and bacon is done. (I cut bacon into bite size pieces before I fry them).
- Add bacon mixture to big pot.
- Slowly add broccoli, chicken broth,butter and flour.
- Mix well over low heat about 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and slowly add half-n-half.
- Put over low heat again another 5 minutes.(DO NOT LET BOIL!).
- Serve with garlic bread.
Another great recipe from mandyny! My family really enjoyed this soup and the bacon gave it a really nice flavor. It was easy to put together and I will definitely make it again.made for Cookbook tag 2012. Thanks for a new family favorite!
My family loved this soup. It is full of flavor and easy to make. It will go into my tried and true recipe book. Thanks for sharing!