Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this from my cousin years ago for a family reunion. It is my one & only signature dessert and you'll see why!! FABULOUS, not too sweet, not too dry, JUST RIGHT! I have to cut them into squares before taking them anywhere so I can "check" and make sure they are good :)
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream together first five ingredients (will be soupy looking).
- In separate bowl mix with whisk next 3 ingredients then add to wet batter (this will be rather thick).
- Fold in blueberries carefully.
- Spread into greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Mix topping ingredients in a bowl and crumble with pastry blender or 2 knives until mealy.
- Top batter with topping and bake for 35-40 minutes.
Excellent coffee cake! Had some fresh raspberries hanging out in the fridge and used those in place of the blueberries. The cake was moist and tender. Also was able to convert this to gluten free using my favorite gluten free flour mix and adding two tablespoons of ground flax seed. Can't wait to try this again using blueberries. Thanks for posting this Kiwi!
Very Good!! I used frozen raspberries from my garden. Next time I will use blueberries.
This was wonderfully light and fluffy; I had bunches of summer berries to use up, and this recipe was quick and easy to follow. Just the right amount of sweetness in the topping to balance the tartness of the berries. Will definitely make again, very good summer/picnic recipe.